Did you know that aging-in-place remodeling is the fastest growing sector of the home remodeling industry? With the large number of seniors and aging homeowners in Central Pennsylvania, keeping yourself safe in your own home—especially the bathroom—allows for continued independent living and increased comfort.
Re-Bath & More is the premier bathroom remodeler for baby boomers looking to increase safety without compromising style and design in their homes. In fact, our president, Jon Witmer, is a Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist (CAPS) from the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB)!
CAPS are builders and remodelers that implement both functional and attractive home improvements for homeowners that have no intention of being aged out of their homes.
To schedule a (FREE!) design consultation and discuss remodeling ideas to make your Central PA home a safe place to live independently for years to come, contact us online or call us today!
Check Us Out on Good Day PA!:
Bathroom Redesign Ideas for Seniors
While the bathroom may seem like a dangerous place for aging homeowners, there are many redesign ideas and products that can increase functionality and safety for seniors. At Re-Bath & More, every bathroom remodeling project we complete is custom designed and completed by factory-trained and licensed installers. Our designers work with each customer to ensure a finished design and installation that transforms his or her bathroom into a beautiful space—for our older customers, we ensure that safety features are seamlessly incorporated into that process.
Some redesign ideas in the bathroom for aging homeowners include installing:
- Grab bars near toilets and showering areas to prevent falls and provide leverage when using the bathroom.
- Walk-in-bathtubs to decrease the need to step over the side of a tub to get in.
- Standalone showers with minimal lip or curb to also minimize the risk of falling while entering the shower—benches can provide additional safety.
- Non-slip tile to minimize the chances of slipping while in the bathroom.
- Taller or raised toilets, at least 2.5 inches higher than standard models, to allow for easier lowering and standing as homeowners age.
- Recessive/integrated shelving in the shower to remove the need to bend down to reach shampoo and conditioner in a slippery space.
- More space to move and allow for those with walkers and wheelchairs to easily maneuver in the room.
- Full bathrooms on first floor to ensure that the ability to climb stairs does not hinder access to bathing.
- Storage space within reach to minimize the need to crouch or bend down to reach more shampoo, soap, toilet paper, or other toiletries.
- Increased lighting to improve visibility as eyesight decreases with age.
- Wall-hung sinks to provide room for those in a wheelchair to roll directly up without their knees hitting under-sink cabinetry.
Aging-in-Place Remodels on a Budget
Even if you aren’t looking for a full bathroom remodel, our design experts can help partially redesign your space that addresses the primary safety concerns. Main updates can include a raised toilet, seated shower, and grab bar installations.
Want to see how you can upgrade your bathroom, increase your safety and usability in the bathroom, and stay within your budget? Call us now!
Having remodeled thousands of bathrooms in the Central PA area, our team has seen (and done) it all! Here are some examples of bathroom remodels we completed for aging homeowners in the area to increase mobility and safety while maintaining the beautiful and luxurious look of a new bathroom:
Aging-in-Place Bathroom Company in Pennsylvania
Ready to schedule a complimentary consultation? Our design experts will come to your home during your free initial consultation to discuss certain concern areas in your bathroom and will be prepped with a large list of improvements that can ensure you comfortably live in your home for years to come. Even if you manage just fine in your bathroom now, it’s best to prepare your home for the coming years.