If you’ve thought about remodeling your bathroom, you probably have a Pinterest page or Houzz profile full of design ideas, but you may not have considered what kind of materials are best for your home. That bathroom you pinned with the glass panel looking out into the wilderness may not be the best choice if you live in downtown Lancaster, or have nearby neighbors. And you may not want to install that pond-sized soaker tub you liked on Houzz if you’re trying to save on your water bill.
At Re-Bath & More, we work with homeowners to find products and materials that are going to provide the look and feel you’ve always wanted, with both style and function in mind. Tile and natural stone are beautiful options that can help to create a rich, sophisticated feel in your new bathroom. Not only do tile and stone look great, but their natural qualities make them perfect for wet areas like the bathroom.
Benefits of Tile & Stone
- Easy to Maintain: Tile and stone are easy to maintain as long as you adhere to the manufacturer’s cleaning and care instructions and they’ll never crack, peel or fade.
- Design Flexibility: Tile and stone are available in countless patterns and designs.
- Application Diversity: Tile and stone can be used in almost any application – walls, counter tops, back splashes, fire places, wet and dry areas.
- Cost Effective: Tile and stone add value to your home and will never need resurfaced, re-glazed, or recoated.
- Natural and Allergen Free: Unlike plastics, fiber glass, and other man made products, tile and stone are great for individuals with allergies or simply prefer more earth friendly materials.
Depending on what kind of tile you select you may notice it has a slip resistance rating which is measured by its coefficient of friction (COF). The higher COF, the more slip resistant the tile. For a bathroom shower or floor that gets wet often, it’s a good idea to select a higher COF tile. Many manufacturers will also provide ratings for scratch resistance, moisture absorption, chemical resistance and breaking strength. A Re-Bath design consultant will help you choose a tile or stone that is sure to meet your needs and withstand the everyday wear and tear your bathroom experiences.
Things to Consider When Selecting Tile or Stone
- Identify the space and its application
- Select the type of tile or stone – ceramic, glass, porcelain, granite, quartz etc.
- Select the color and shade
- Select the texture and size – solid sheet, 4×4” squares, 12×12” large squares, the options are countless
- Create your layout and/or decorative pattern
- Select grout color and type
Learn more about the natural tile and stone options available for bathroom remodeling in the Lancaster area by calling Re-Bath & More today at 717-208-2482!