Next to the kitchen, bathrooms are probably the hardest-working room in any home. Consequently, having a badly functioning bathroom can have quite an effect on a family. A bathroom remodel can make a huge difference!
Although the bathroom may be one of the smallest rooms in your home, it can still have a great personality. Lucky for you, Re-Bath & More offers a wide variety of styles that can be the perfect match for your family. There are countless colors, textures, and styles to choose from.
The Art Deco style is clean, timeless, and distinctive, and when brought into a bathroom redesign, it can make a bathroom both functional and extremely luxurious. Art Deco is inspired by the art of the 1920’s. This decade was often recognized by its rich colors, bold geometric shapes, and lavish ornamentation. Many homeowners choose Art Deco style because of the elegance, glamour, and functionality that it represents.
The Art Deco style includes:
- Bold-colored tub or countertop
- Geometric patterned wallpaper
- High gloss bathtub
- Tiles and flooring in a contrasting geometric pattern
- Ornate lighting and fixtures
- Materials and finishes like:
- Stainless Steel
Contemporary bathroom designs are becoming more common as homeowners desire a sleek and elegant style upgrade to their bathrooms. This style is also quite popular among homeowners with small bathrooms, as the clean lines and sleek look help keep a smaller space open and bright. Contemporary style includes a range of styles from the late 20th century, not a specific period. As opposed to modern design, contemporary style incorporates softer and rounded lines.
Contemporary design includes:
- Brown, taupe, cream, and white color palette, with bolder feature colors (sometimes in the accessories or bath mats)
- Tub, sink, and toilet with clean, smooth lines and no excessive detailing
- Cabinets made of light-colored woods (maple and birch)
- Frosted or clear glass, stainless steel, nickel, and chrome finishes
Cottage style brings vintage, country, and rustic elements together into a comfortable yet fresh design. It’s very versatile, allowing you to put vibrant brights, muted pastels, or nothing but white in your palette. You can go the full rustic route with distressed finishes on picture frames and shelving. For a more streamlined look, do cottage modern with sleek cabinets and fixtures accented with old signs or vintage décor. And fresh white everything—perhaps with some bead board accents—can be the epitome of cottage style.
Cottage style design includes:
- Countertops made of quartz or natural stone in a pale shade
- Bright, polished fixtures in nickel or brass finishes
- Cabinetry with clean lines. Get pre-distressed cabinet doors for authentic look
- An oversized tub with claw feet and a rolled rim
- A pedestal sink
- A vanity mirror surrounded by an antique frame
- Bright colors like cherry red, creamy butter yellow, sea green, and robin’s egg blue. If you’re going all white, consider some colorful pieces as accents.
- Vintage fabrics in antique floral or gingham
Country inspired design themes brings in a simple, clean, and welcoming design aesthetic. When it comes to the country style, every design is unique.
Country inspired style includes:
- Stand-alone bathtubs with roll-tops
- Pedestal sinks
- White or cream fixtures, tiles, and accessories
- Grey or pastel wainscoting
- Exposed walls
- Floral and natural wood accents
Many homeowners love the relaxing, casual, and comfortable feel of Mediterranean inspired design. Whether it evokes the beaches of Turkey or the isles of Greece, bathrooms inspired by the Mediterranean create a tranquil oasis.
Mediterranean inspired style may include:
- Mosaic tile patterns
- Terracotta tile
- Natural stone
- Natural wood cabinets and benches
- Curved doorways or shower stalls
- A stand-alone, or focal, tub
- Color palette inspired by the natural beauty of the Mediterranean, including:
- Crisp whites
- Warm yellows
- Bright turquoise
- Brilliant blues
- Warm browns
- Rusty reds
Have you ever come back from a trip and wondered why your bathroom doesn’t look as luxurious as your hotel room bathroom? It can! Modern style is a popular choice among homeowners looking for a sleek, beautiful design that maximizes both comfort and aesthetics. For that spa-like ambiance, choose bright lighting, clean lines, and neutral colors.
Modern design may include products like:
- Vessel sinks
- Granite countertops
- Modular and minimalist storage
- Statement bathtubs and showers
Transitional bathroom designs are popular because they combine a mixture of styles, seamlessly bringing in elements of contemporary, modern, and traditional design aesthetics to create a comfortable and timeless space. Fusing contemporary or modern design with more traditional bathroom features creates a calm and comfortable atmosphere and provides touches of elegance, beauty, and functionality.
Transitional design features:
- A subtle, muted color palette, often in tones of:
- Light blues & greys
- Tans & beiges
- Fixtures with:
- Rounded edges & subtle curves
- Pleated lines
- Soft shapes
Warm and rustic tones are key to any Tuscan style bathroom. Tuscan styling and décor is inspired by the Tuscany region of Italy, which attracts visitors with its beautiful weather and abundance of rich food and robust wines. With hints of Mediterranean flair as well, Tuscan style is always warm and inviting; it brings a “sunny” feel into any space.
Unlike many other bathroom design styles, a Tuscan-inspired aesthetic adheres strictly to natural earth tones: Oranges, Browns, Reds, and Yellows. Some remodels may choose to also bring in blues and greens to give it a more Mediterranean vibe.
Tuscan elements include:
- Terracotta flooring and tiling
- Countertops in natural stone, deep earth tones, with a matte finish
- Bronze or copper knobs and hardware
- Mosaic tile backsplashes
Vintage style is all about feeling comfortable and effortlessly chic. Vintage does not necessarily mean incorporating older or outdated pieces into your bathroom. There are plenty of “new” materials that have that vintage feel.
A vintage style bathroom may include:
- An oversized tub with claw feet or a rolled rim
- Nickel sconces
- A pedestal sink
- Frosted glass lighting
- Gilt mirrors
- Marble accents