Is a bathroom remodel worth the cost if you’re not planning on staying in your home forever? Should you remodel a bathroom in order to attract buyers before putting your house on the market?
It’s a well-known fact that when buyers are looking at houses, they check out the kitchens and baths first. Spending money on a bathroom remodel is generally a wise investment overall—but how much of that cost you’ll recoup at resale depends on design and materials as well as regional real estate trends.
Resale Value of a Remodeled Bathroom in Lancaster
Homeowners in the Lancaster, PA area can expect to get around 55 percent of their bathroom remodeling investment back when they sell their homes. That’s according to Remodeling magazine’s 2015 Cost vs. Value Report. Most Lancaster County homeowners who remodel their bathrooms spend between $2,000 and $4,500.
Of course, a remodeled bathroom adds more to your home than just financial value. You and your family will enjoy the finer finishes, increased storage, and updated amenities every day!
If you are planning to sell your home, talk to your REALTOR® about which bathroom upgrades are getting attention from buyers in your neighborhood. Then call Re-Bath and More at 717-208-2482 to schedule your free bathroom remodeling consultation.
The Best Bathroom Upgrades for Your Buck
- Showers and shower doors – Replacing your tub/shower combo with a sleek, glass-door shower adds instant luxury. Install a deluxe showerhead to up the spa factor. Bathtub-to-shower conversion in Lancaster, PA is one of Re-Bath & More’s most popular projects.
- Bathtubs – If you’ve got the space, adding a whirlpool bathtub can be a great way to take your bathroom from “whatever” to “wow!” Thinking about aging-in-place features? Ask your Realtor about the market in your area. A walk-in-tub might be a smart option. Re-Bath and More can also add other universal design options like grab bars and lever handles.
- Bathroom light fixtures – Task lighting does wonders for any bathroom—even a tiny powder room looks fresh with added brightness around the mirror. Task lighting is a popular selling point, especially in the bathroom. Take out the harsh overhead bulbs and add light where it can focus and soften.
- Bathroom vanities and countertops – Countertops and vanities make up a lot of the visual real estate in your bathroom. Re-Bath and More can install sparkling new bathroom counters from Wolf natural stone, Caesarstone quartz, and more.
- Bathroom flooring – You’ll be amazed at the difference new flooring makes in your bathroom. Re-Bath and More carries top-quality vinyl and fiberglass tile as well as ceramic and porcelain.
Invest in Your Home with a Bathroom Remodel from Re-Bath & More
Re-Bath & More is the premier full-service bathroom remodeler in Central PA. Our designers can create a finished design and install that brings your dreams to life. Schedule a free in-home consultation or visit our Lancaster showroom today to see how your bathroom can be transformed!