Safety bathtubs are a great way to allow those with limited mobility to remain independent, while enjoying the comfort and relaxation that only a warm bath can provide. Once a regular bathtub or shower becomes an obstacle, many people turn to a shower chair as a means of getting clean, which is a cumbersome, dangerous, and ineffective option. Read on to see why safety bathtubs are the best alternative to a traditional bathtub, and how to choose the best one to meet your needs.
If you’re looking to remodel your bathroom, contact the experts at Re-Bath & More. We have remodeled thousands of bathrooms throughout Central Pennsylvania and want to give you your dream experience within your home.
Explore the Benefits of Safety Bathtubs
For anyone who would have trouble sitting on and/or rising up from a position on the floor, or stepping safely over an obstacle at knee height, a walk-in bathtub can be life-changing.
Safety is the biggest benefit of this innovative design, virtually eliminating the risk of a slip or fall. Additional benefits include:
- Increased independence. Those with a disability or limited mobility, may require assistance while bathing or showering. With the number of built-in safety features of a walk-in tub, including grab bars, non-slip flooring and seating, and safety door latch, most customers are able to enter, bathe, and exit without assistance. This means taking a bath on your own schedule, rather than someone else’s.
- Improved sleep. Taking a warm bath before bed is conducive to a good night’s sleep, helping to relax the body and mind, and relieve any stress or tension that may contribute to restlessness.
- Circulatory benefits. A warm bath increases blood flow, oxygenation, and circulation, by relaxing the blood vessels. This increased flow aids with digestion, toxin removal and all bodily systems, sending nourishing blood cells to damaged tissue.
- Bathing is about so much more than just getting clean. Water or air jets relax the body while stimulating circulation, and rejuvenating the skin. Experience a calmed nervous system, stress relief, and detoxification after spending just a short time in your walk-in bath.
- Pain relief. The increased flow of blood to damaged or tired muscles, provides healing and relief from aches and pains, and decreases inflammation. Those suffering from arthritis or joint pain will appreciate the absence of pressure on joints and cartilage, as water buoyancy reduces body weight by up to 90 percent.
- Ability to stay at home. A safety tub can help you remain in your own home longer, and provide peace of mind to you and your loved ones.
- Safety bathtubs afford you the privacy you desire when entering and exiting the bath, helping to retain your dignity.
Features and Considerations for Safety Tubs
Customize your walk-in tub to your needs and specifications, to maximize your investment and experience the greatest benefits to your health and mind. Options and considerations available from the Re-Bath & More team located in Central Pennsylvania include:
- Quick drain. Standard on some models, but an added option on others. It can reduce wait time while the tub drains from 5 minutes or more, down to less than a minute.
- Water massage. This level of massage is great for aching muscles and to promote circulation, but the jets may be too strong for those who bruise easily, or are more sensitive.
- Air massage. A much gentler type of jet, perfect for a warm, gentle massage.
- Dual jet system. Combines the best of both worlds with a mixture of water and air jets.
- Heated back and seat. A great feature to keep you warm as the tub fills and drains.
To learn more about how a walk-in bathtub can change the life of you, or someone you know, contact us today, to schedule a free, no obligation, in-home consultation.
To schedule your free in-home consultation with one of our remodeling experts, contact us today or call 717-208-2482. We will work with you to make your dream bathroom design a reality!