Part of Your Complete Bathroom Remodel in Central Pennsylvania
Bathing is such a relaxing, restorative activity, but for those with mobility issues or minor disabilities, bathing in a conventional bathtub may be impossible. Walk-in bathtubs provide a safe alternative to a traditional tub, with a number of features designed to ensure the safety and well being of the user. A walk-in tub has no high rim to step over, nor is the user required to lower their body down to floor level. These two crucial barriers are overcome with an innovative design that allows you to simply open the door, step inside, and sit as you would in any chair while the walk-in tub fills quickly and efficiently.
Learn more about the walk-in bathtubs offered throughout Central PA by Re-Bath & More, by giving us a call at 717-208-2482, or contact us online today.
How Does a Walk-In Bathtub Work?
Walk-in bathtubs were developed to provide a means of bathing for those that can’t use a conventional bathtub, such as seniors or those with mobility issues. Because of the increased risk of fall or injury associated with bathing, there are a number of built-in safety features in place and a number of available add-ons to customize your bathtub to fit your needs, desires, and budget.
A walk-in tub has a watertight hinged door with a comparably low threshold (3 to 7 inches in height, versus 15 inches or higher) anti-slip flooring, grab bars, raised seating, and a handheld shower nozzle. Once the door is properly latched, the watertight seal is engaged and you can begin to fill the tub. Quick filling faucets make fast work of filling the tub, and with bonus features like a heated seat, the bather is kept warm and comfortable for the duration of the fill. Rapid autodrain technology helps to empty the tub quickly at the end of the bath.
See Re-Bath & More president Jon Witmer show aging-in-place bathroom features on Good Day PA!
Re-Bath & More Walk-In Bathtub Features
It’s not just the door that makes a walk-in bathtub safer and more comfortable. Additional features include:
- Swinging door to reduce tripping and slipping
- Comfortable molded seat and foot rests
- Easily accessible faucets
- Multiple grab bars for safer bathing
- Slip-resistant tub flooring
- Advanced technology for filling and draining times – including Fast Flow two-inch drain with Fail Safe Chain
- Available jetted stream systems to soothe muscle aches and arthritic pain
- Material that won’t mold, mildew, or crack
Re-Bath & More is a Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist in the central PA area and can provide bathroom renovations that make your bathroom easy and safe to maneuver as you continue to live independently.
Want to see how a walk-in bathtub looks and feels? Test one out at our Lancaster showroom!
Walk-In Bathtub Installation
Walk-in tub installations typically take anywhere from 2-5 days, depending on the style of tub and any modifications that need to be made to your existing bathroom space.
Before any installation or remodeling work is performed, we come to your home to give you a free bathroom consultation and provide the most accurate installation estimate.
Benefits of a Walk-in Bathtub
In addition to the safety features of a walk-in bathtub, virtually eliminating the risk of a slip or fall, there are a number of other benefits for both the body and mind.
- Independence. Being able to enter and exit the tub and bathe unassisted affords you the privacy, independence, and dignity you deserve, and can help you to remain in your own home for as long as possible.
- Improved sleep. A warm bath relaxes the body and mind and prepares you for a good nights sleep.
- Better circulation. Warm water and hydro massage, or air massage therapy jets, promote circulation, by increasing blood flow and oxygen to the body.
- Pain relief. Temporary pain relief is realized as the natural buoyancy of the water reduces body weight by as much as 90 percent. During this process cartilage is decompressed, joint pressure is relieved,and blood flows to damaged or stressed tissue, helping to heal and prevent further damage.
- Relaxation and rejuvenation. Features such as therapy jets, aromatherapy, and chromatherapy, the use of colored lights initiate a mind-body connection associated with balanced energy and healing.
- Improved hygiene. Easy access and independent bathing allows you to bathe more frequently and on your own schedule, leading to better hygiene, lymphatic system stimulation, and detoxification.
During your free in-home consultation, a member of our team will be happy to answer any questions you may have about our walk-in bathtubs, and how you can make your bathroom a safe, enjoyable space. Give us a call today at 717-208-2482.
Aging-in-Place Bathroom Remodeling in Central PA
If you want a complete or partial bathroom remodel to install accessibility and safety features, call Re-Bath & More! Our aging-in-place remodeling services include:
- Full bathrooms on first floor to ensure that the ability to climb stairs does not hinder access to bathing.
- Grab bars near toilets and showering areas to prevent falls and provide leverage when using the bathroom.
- Increased lighting to improve visibility as eyesight decreases with age.
- Non-slip tile to minimize the chances of slipping while in the bathroom.
- Recessive/integrated shelving in the shower to remove the need to bend down to reach shampoo and conditioner in a slippery space.
- Storage space within reach to minimize the need to crouch or bend down to reach more shampoo, soap, toilet paper, or other toiletries.
- Taller or raised toilets, at least 2.5 inches higher than standard models, to allow for easier lowering and standing as homeowners age.
- Walk-in showers with minimal lip or curb to also minimize the risk of falling while entering the shower—benches can provide additional safety.
- Wall-hung sinks to provide room for those in a wheelchair to roll directly up without their knees hitting under-sink cabinetry.
Install a Walk-In Bathtub with Re-Bath & More
Remodeling your bathroom should be hassle- and stress-free, but it should also be done in a way that is respectful to your family and your home, using only high-quality products. We trust the Re-Bath® product line and have perfected a professional and efficient process for remodeling your Central Pennsylvania home’s bathrooms.
To schedule your free in-home consultation with one of our remodeling experts, contact us today or call 717-208-2482. We will work with you to make your dream bathroom design a reality!
Additional information on bathtub installation and replacement: